Monday, August 27, 2007

The Simpsons Movie? Thumbs up!

On Friday night The Guy and I were looking for something relatively low key and laid-back to do, so after much deliberation and confusion we decided on the default low-key outing option ie. the movies and headed off to Gateway to see what was on. I was really REALLY amped to see Transformers, ‘cos I’ve heard great things about it, but The Guy was vehemently opposed to the idea. (I don’t know why. So don’t ask.) He’d seen The Simpsons movie before, but is a big Spiderpig fan so didn’t mind seeing it again. I love The Simpsons and am a big fan so I wasn’t too bummed about not seeing Transformers. (Besides, maybe I can con Cher into coming to the movies this Wednesday to watch Transformers with me… How ‘bout it, CheriBeri? I’ll even spring for popcorn & horrogs!) After grabbing a quick sushi (with no embarrassing face stuffing incidents this time, phew!), wandering around the centre and bumping into my cousin’s wife (ack!) we ended up at the apple iStore for about half an hour, drooling on all the cool mac stuff.



Do yourself a favour and check out the store. It’s freakin' AWESOME!
The Guy himself went from pledging his undying devotion to pc's as we walked into the store, to leaving half an hour later vowing to get a mac himself someday. (Can I get an Amen for the latest mac convert?) I basically drooled for a solid 30minutes.

(Oh. By the way. The reason for the “ack!” on meeting my cousin’s wife? Well… You have to understand that my family loves to "talk". Which family doesn’t? My folks and brothers haven’t met The Guy yet, and I was hoping they’d be the first, but if I know my people, the entire family probably knows all of The Guys specs by now. Not that I mind too much. He’s quite easy on the eye and was on his best behavior. Oh well…)

And eventually, we made it to the movie…



Yeah… I think I’d rate it, hey? It might have been The Guy’s infectious laughter that made it a whole lot funnier than it was, but I really did enjoy it. No big surprises really, - just like an hour and a half long episode of The Simpsons with no ad breaks and no dumb network logo in the corner of the screen. I did quite enjoy studying The Guy's reactions to things, - seeing what he found funny vs what I thought was hilarious. I noticed that both of us didn’t find the blasphemous church-stuff too funny. (No big surprises here. We’re both God-fearing Christians.) We both LOVED the Spiderpig bit… But after much consideration I’ve decided that I am way more “evil” than he is. He’s the kind of guy who would laugh at a man dressed as an old lady falling into a ditch. With me, it really has to be an old lady. And she should preferably break something. (Snigger.) He would be appalled at that last statement. In fact, he’s constantly suggesting that I twist his arm into doing all sorts of deviant stuff that he wouldn’t ordinarily ever consider doing. I say, rubbish! Nobody can MAKE you do stuff you really don’t want to do. Whether he likes it or not, he’s got a rubber wrist just like mine. (I have a whole rubber arm. Nay 2 rubber arms! But that’s a story for another time. Heh heh heh.) Maybe that’s part of the attraction: the fact that we’re both so highly and easily corruptable.
(I like. I very, very like!)

No comments: