Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It was a pink weekend for me, guys...



My cousin, Neil Gabriel, tied the knot this weekend with the love of his life Nalisha Bisnath, and guess who was asked to emcee the very posh reception at the Durban ICC... Well none other than yours truly, of course!
As you can see, no expense was spared to drape the ICC in lashing after lashing of pink frosting with the odd hit of silver.



I shudder to think what the whole thing set them back... Gulp!
I've been fighting the flu since Jhb, and I think my body knew that it had to hold on just until the formalities were over... 'cos boy! After that last "Thank you and goodnight!" I lost my voice completely and by the time I got home I couldn't breathe and my tonsils felt like 2 soccerball-sized rolls of barbed wire in my throat. I also managed to lose R100 between the parking meter and the car (SOB!)...
Sorry for not getting a pic of the bride and groom! They didn't sit still long enough for me to get a good pic of them. They were on the run all weekend, and I was SO preoccupied with my emcee duties that I clean forgot! But here are my cousins' kids, Kelcey and Tatum, who kept me in stitches all night!




(Here you see Tatum unfolding a giant table napkin, smoothing it out on the dancefloor and taking a snooze on it, while the speeches droned on! Precious...) They both also joined me up at the mic at one stage... Too cute!
Please people... If you love me, don't ask me to mc your wedding? The pressure was just far too much!

1 comment:

Gail Streak said...

OTT Pink frosting darlhling!!! Luv U!