Friday, May 22, 2009

Dexter Season One: *****



Is it wrong to be in love with a serial killer?
If it is, just lock me up and throw away the key... For I am truly, madly, deeply in love with Dexter.
I know I'm a little behind time on this one. Everyone watching the series on tv is already on season three, but you've got to understand that with my busy life I often end up missing episodes of my favourite shows, and then I lose interest and stop watching altogether. When you have a busy work life, plus the gym every day, a cat to spoil, a home to look after, books to read, projects to sew/crochet AND still need to find some "me time" is impossible to catch every episode when tv land thinks you should. So being able to get the various series on dvd has completely changed my life. No commercial breaks... No waiting one whole week to catch the next development... Pause-ability for loo breaks... Replay-ability for when you want to watch something again... It's great!
So my brother got my into Dexter when I visited last weekend and I'm so hooked. I basically marathoned the entire first season in 3 nights and I've managed to book season 2 and 3 with a friend of mine who's a bit of a collector. I can't wait, honestly!
The series is well written. The casting is good. The blood looks real.
It's.
Intoxicating.
Do yourself a favour and watch from the pilot episode. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: