Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Once upon a time...

...in a land far, far away (about 4 minutes from my house), there lived a little 8 week old princess named, Tannah. She had teeny tiny fingers and teeny tiny toes, and the cutest button nose you ever did see.



Now, her mom, Lorraine, a very good friend of mine (and normally very mild mannered woman) threatened to throw me into a hessian bag and beat me with a stick if I didn't make one of my crocheted baby blankets for her precious angel. But you see, she really didn't have to because, unbeknownst (spelled that correctly on the first try - HOORAH!) to Lorraine I had started the blankie months before she announced the pregnancy. This was only because I crochet so slowly, I'd need more than 9 months to get it done. Well, despite my head start, I still wasn't ready for the baby shower, seeing as smarty pants over here decided to try something new that didn't work and that had to be unpicked and started again. *sigh*
Eventually slow and steady won the race and little Princess Tannah got her baby blankie made with loads of love and the odd finger cramp or two.
Here it is in her cot.




And here she is, all snug as a bug... Precious!



You'll notice I rather sneakily put a little blue stripe in, just in case there's a little Prince sometime in the future - fingers crossed!
Tannah and I are best friends now. In fact, I'm her official babysitter. Jealous? You should be! She's an angel!

3 comments:

Maundering mutterer said...

I never know WHAT to do with babies - or wool for that matter - but I have to admire your handwork. Clever choice with the colours!

Unknown said...

That blankie is just as beautiful as the bubby ;)

Editor in Chief said...

That is a beautiful blanket that you made for Tannah. I would like to invite you to my new blog at dragontalespress.blogspot.com. I want to start a little blog/magazine of creative arts. My vision is to have input from storytellers, painters, creative non-fiction bloggers, photographers, graphic artists, quilters…well, just about anyone who has something that they want to share.

So this is your personal invitation. All copyrights to whatever you decide to send to me refer directly back to you. I plan on just showcasing the incredible talents of the international web community. Come join the party!